[minima] Re: New idears + old ideas.

  • From: pierre@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: minima@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, "minima@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <minima@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2015 13:47:10 +1000

Hi Ben,

New ideas ? or a blast from the past.

The first block diagram in your post is that of the Atlas series of transceivers
(Atlas 210x/215x series) which were popular in the mid 1970's. I quite like
the Atlas topology and am the proud owner of two of their transceivers which
still perform well on the HF bands over 40 years later.

If you were to use the Atlas design but use the Si5351 as the LO & CO it
seems to me that the oscillator switching would disappear and you would only
have to change the frequencies from each output port of the Si5351 when going
from Tx to Rx.

That would make a very simple design and no need for bi-lateral amps.

Best regards,

Peter (Pierre) VK1XP