[minima] Re: 20Mhz Crystal Filter

  • From: Joe Rocci <joe@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: minima@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2014 07:45:44 -0400

Steve
I don't see the return loss plot, but 22db would be quite good. The 2.1khz BW
is right on the money for SSB.

To the best of my knowledge, the AADE software doesn't design QER filters. How
did you do that?

BTW, did you test your crystals for Rs? What method did you use? Also, keep in
mind that grounding the xtal cases adds a little capacitance from each side to
ground. This will also contribute to BW narrowing.

Sent from my tablet