[minbyeffect] Ministry By Effect Newsletter - December, 2002

  • From: "Eric Reamer" <Eric@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <minbyeffect@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2002 21:25:08 -0700

Dear Friends and Family,

Many of you will no doubt be quite surprised to receive this letter, as
it has literally been months since our last update.  For that, I do
apologize. but I come armed with answers and reasons for my
"disappearing" act of late.

First things, first...  Welcome to all our new subscribers!  There are
hundreds of people who receive this newsletter now, and many have signed
on in recent months.  It is my prayer that this newsletter will once
again be a blessing to those who receive it, and I will do my best to
keep it current.

Now, on to an explanation for why I've been so quiet over the last
several months:

Some of you may recall that about the time of my June (also my last)
newsletter, MeLinda and the boys and I moved to Denver, Colorado, where
I had just accepted a staff position at Grace Community Church.  So much
has happened since then, it will be hard to detail here.

First, life got incredibly complex, as I was literally juggling two full
time careers at the same time.  I was doing all the responsibilities of
my Children's Pastor position at the church, and at the same time, I was
touring all over the United States, fulfilling the commitments that I
have had on the calendar for months and years.  I was literally gone
more than I was home, and at the same time, everything here at home had
to run as if I were here.  That heavy touring schedule has only just now
subsided to a dull roar, and I'm settling into somewhat of a rhythm
around here.

Second, (and this may have affected several of you who are retail
customers of ours), we had a major problem with our online catalog, and
the way in which our orders were processed.  In fact, to this day, we're
trying to work out some technical glitches that have been causing our
customers to either wait terribly long for orders to be filled, or to
have their orders never be received by our offices.  This has been a
source of extreme frustration for some of our customers, and as you can
imagine, it's been very frustrating for us, as well.  I believe that we
are nearing a resolution in this matter (the issues are complex, and
have to do with several different companies and technical problems with
our online catalog and merchant account clients). and I hope to report
soon that we are back up and running in that area.  If you have been
affected by these problems, please contact me by e-mailing me at
Eric@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, and I will do all I can to resolve your
issue.  I will say this much: we've already taken measures to ensure the
highest level of quality in our ISP, and I have recently switched to a
high-end broadband account, which *may* help with some of the problems
we were encountering.

After 5 months of being down here in Denver, we have still not yet
rented, nor sold our home in Sterling.  Only in the last month have we
even been able to give that much attention - and MeLinda has been making
regular trips up to Sterling to paint and finish up the cleanup
necessary to get it on the market.  It is our goal to either have it
rented within the next month, or sold within the next 3 months.

Also up for sale is our 1999 Ford conversion van.  It is a beautiful
vehicle, and has served us very well, but since we're not living on the
road as we were prior to my taking the job in Denver, it doesn't make
much sense to pay as much as we do for it.  Please pray that we sell
this van quickly, and that we get out of it what we need in order to
clear our debt.  Between the sale of the van, and the rent/sale of our
Sterling home, we will be able to clear ourselves of about $1,200 of
outgoing expense, which should help considerably to the bottom line!

Many people have asked me if my taking this pastorate means that I will
no longer be performing illusions.  I can assure you, nothing could be
further from the truth!  In fact, we're just restructuring a little, and
gearing up to make a major transition in our performance ministry.  I
will be focusing on developing quite a bit more in the local Denver
area, both with ministry oriented programming, as well as with our
public school assemblies.

It is true that since we took the position at the church, my full time
secretary of the last 3 years, Mary Lenski, resigned her position in
order to take better care of her daughter's schooling, and attend to
some family matters after her father's passing away.  And, while we were
very sad to see Mary go, we completely understand her needing to be
there for her family, and pray for the day she might come back to
further assist our ministry.  Her presence is sorely missed, and I am
currently seeking someone to hire to take up some of the slack.

Okay, that's the news - at least, all that's fit to print.  Now I'll
give a report of where we've been, and where we're going!

WHERE WE'VE BEEN

Over the last 6 months, we have literally been coast to coast across the
United States, performing for churches, camps, schools, and even the
United States Department of Defense!  We've been to IN, MI, IA, NE, GA,
CA, NC, VA, MA, PA, CO, TX and Washington, DC.

The work has been fast and furious, and we're very grateful for all
those who have had us come and be a part of what they're doing all over
this great country!

WHERE WE'RE GOING

As I alluded to above, our heavy touring schedule is done for this year,
and things won't pick back up for a couple months.  However, we are
scheduled to do a few events, and so here they are:

December 2002
Highlands Ranch, CO
Denver, CO
Centennial, CO

January 2003
Green River, WY

March 2003
Minneapolis, MN

April 2003
Denver, CO

May 2003
St. Cloud, MN

June 2003
Ft. Worth, TX

July 2003
Divide, CO

NEWSWORTHY NOTES

It gives me great pleasure to announce that I am currently working
closely with another children's pastor who also happens to be one of the
top performers/teachers in America, and very shortly we will be
announcing a new lecture series that we will be giving all across the
country.  What makes this noteworthy is the fact that we will be
specifically gearing this lecture series for children's pastors and
youth pastors, and not necessarily other "performers".  Stay tuned for
more specific information, including my partner's name (you see, I still
have some secrets!), and the dates and locations of our lecture series.

CLOSING REMARKS

Well, my friends, I believe that will just about wrap up this issue of
the Ministry By Effect Newsletter.  Next month, we will bring back the
features that you all tell me you enjoy, including product reviews, and
what's hot on the web!  I just wanted to get this off to you, and to
make sure you know that we did not fall off the face of the earth - it
only seems like it.

God bless you all!

In Him,

Eric

Eric Reamer's Illustrated Illusions
http://www.illustratedillusions.com
<http://www.illustratedillusions.com/>

An Unbelievable Adventure Into the World of ILLUSION.
            An Unforgettable Message of No-Compromise TRUTH!!!

This e-mail was sent to you as a direct result of your completion of a double
opt-in process of registration.  If, for whatever reason, you are either
receiving this erroneously, or would like to unsubscribe to the Ministry By
Effect Newsletter, please send a blank e-mail with the word, "UNSUBSCRIBE" in
the subject line to: minbyeffect-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

All content is copyright 2002, Eric Reamer's Illustrated Illusions