[mi-redwoods] SEEKING: New coach 🐳

  • From: Tatyana <tatyana@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Mercer Island Redwoods <mi-redwoods@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2022 11:36:59 -0800

Swim pals,
We are pursuing a new full-time coach, and have the job description to share with you.💥
Feel free to share this — with coaches you know, coaches who know coaches; swimmers who know swimmers who know coaches, etc etc.
And thanks to everyone who has, and continues to, volunteer coach. The workouts sure have been good these last two years!
JOB DESCRIPTION below, and attached.

Mercer Island Redwoods Lead Swim Coach

We are hiring: A Masters Swim Coach to lead a group of hard-working, fun-loving, and diverse swimmers, with varying goals.

Practices are 5:30 am – 7 am, Monday – Friday. Our coach will be on deck four days a week. We swim every weekday of the year except for December 25.

About us

The Mercer Island Redwoods swim at Mercerwood Shore Club’s outdoor 25-meter pool, overlooking Lake Washington, with views of the sunrise and Mount Rainier, and under the gaze of swooping eagles. We are a close-knit, hard-working, and welcoming group who take both our swimming and fun very seriously.

We are looking for someone who is engaging, motivating, and loves to coach; someone who is interested to get to know the group, support individual goals, provide technique improvement, and understands the importance of marrying fun with hard work. If you are punctual, reliable, with a sense of humor, and a deep love for the sport, we love you already!

Job responsibilities include:

·      Write workouts, create seasonal plans, be on deck during practices.

·      Welcome and guide new swimmers, take attendance.

·      Develop and implement a program that meets the varying needs of all members (e.g., different in terms of ages and life stages, levels of competitiveness, swimming and fitness goals).

Looking for:

·      Previous coaching experience required, preferably with adults, college, or high school swimmers.

·      USMS membership

·      Updated COVID-19 vaccination

Compensation:

·      $50 per workout

·      To make sure the fit is great for all of us, application will include coaching up to three workouts, at the daily rate of $50

Contact Alex Goldstein at a_s_gold@xxxxxxxxxxx if you’re interested or have questions. We look forward to meeting you.