[MHSNJ68] Harry Whalen Passing

  • From: Renee Lance <g.renee.lance@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: MHS NJ 68 <mhsnj68@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2015 15:40:19 -0600

It is with great sorrow that I pass along the information that Harry Whalen
passed from this world on Dec 3, 2015. Please keep Marlene and the rest of
his family in your thoughts and prayers. If you would like to send
condolences, her address is: 11850 Fowlers Mill Rd., Chardin, OH 44024.

Harry was a man of great compassion and generosity. I know personally how
he helped a fellow classmate, as he and my husband, Nick Lance, would
discuss what could be done to help. He will be greatly missed.

The following was posted on Facebook by Dave Whalen:

On behalf of the family, I want to thank everyone for their thoughts and
prayers on our loss of Harry. It is comforting to know the positive impact
that he had on so many people.
Harry suffered a massive heart attack yesterday morning, at his home in
Ohio. There was nothing the paramedics could do to save him.
A viewing will be held Sunday, 8 December between 2:00 and 5:00 at the
Gattozzi & Son Funeral Home, 12524 Chillicothe Road, Chesterland, Ohio,
44026. Phone (440) 729-1906.

A funeral mass will be held on Monday, 9 December at 10:00, cremation to
follow.

In lieu of flowers we ask that donations be made to the Special Olympics in
Harry's name.
Thank you again for the kind words that have been posted as we all reflect
on Harry's life.

As of the writing of this email, no obituary had been posted on the
Gattozzi Funeral Home site. You might continue to look at that site for
more information.

Renee Lance

p.s. In the Facebook posting the dates for the viewing and funeral don't
seem to align with the days of the week. I'm not sure which is correct.