[mhsgreatercinci] Call for World War I information

  • From: Ann Lugbill <alugbill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mhsgreatercinci@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2017 15:44:58 -0500

Friends:

My husband "inherited" a full set (actually 2) of WWI uniforms (officers I think--Army), complete with gas mask and socks and some other items. As well as a cavalry saddle (with a few photos of the whole thing on the horse). They belonged to his grandfather and a great-uncle--both from Philadelphia, alas. The uncle was killed in action and is buried in a military cemetery in Belgium. His grandfather (the cavalry member) went on to help start the Women Marines in WW2. If anyone is interested in using these in a display to augment the display as to locals who served, we would be happy to share them for your use after caring for them in our attic for the past 20 years.

Ann Lugbill

513-235-6655cell/513-784-1280work

On 2/17/2017 3:27 PM, pennyh40@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Hello Adam,
The Mt. Healthy Historical Society will have a display of WWI uniforms and other items including a WWI gas mask, lace handkerchief brought back from France and a letter written from a soldier to his mother. Our display will begin in April and run through the 4th of July. Thanks.
Penny Huber