[meetyeti] Fwd: [GYBN] FW: scholarships available for MSc in Energy Policy for Sustainability at University of Sussex

  • From: Arunava Datta <arunavadatta@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: meetyeti <meetyeti@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2014 15:33:26 +0100

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: P.O.W.E.R. <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 15 January 2014 15:21
Subject: [GYBN] FW: scholarships available for MSc in Energy Policy for
Sustainability at University of Sussex
To: gybn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

*From:* bounce-1347103-445037@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:
bounce-1347103-445037@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] *On Behalf Of *Florian Kern
*Sent:* January-14-14 8:07 AM
*To:* Energy-l
Sustainability at University of Sussex

Dear colleagues,

I would be very grateful if you could forward the information below to
people potentially interested in doing a MSc in Energy Policy.

Nothing works without energy, but our current energy systems face mounting
economic, social and environmental pressures and must change radically and
quickly if the world is to avoid dangerous climate change. Creating
sustainable energy systems will be a defining challenge for humanity in the
21st century and one that requires professionals who fully appreciate the
technological, economic and political dimensions of sustainable energy.

Our MSc aspires to educate a new generation who will play leadership roles
in these challenges as well as train future energy policy professionals
working in the public, private and not-for-profit sectors. This MSc builds
on a world-leading research base at SPRU – Science and Technology Policy
Research <http://www.sussex.ac.uk/spru>, including the exciting and
forward-looking work of the Sussex Energy Group
(SEG)<http://www.sussex.ac.uk/sussexenergygroup/>.
The MSc is unique in combining ideas from economics, innovation studies and
policy studies while requiring no prior training in these fields.

For more information (incl. about scholarships), please see:
http://www.sussex.ac.uk/spru/study/2014/taught/30285#course

What our students say:

‘I chose the MSc in Energy Policy for Sustainability at Sussex because I
wanted to deepen my knowledge of renewable energies and of the energy
system in general. The interdisciplinarity of the course and the
international background of the students make it a great and fruitful
experience.’ (Paula Rolffs, Germany)

'I chose to study the MSc in Energy Policy for Sustainability at Sussex in
order to learn how the appropriate design of economic, energy and
environmental policies can promote long-term sustainability, while also
meeting needs of the present. The faculty at SPRU are well-connected with
other universities, government agencies and think tanks, and, as a result,
I have a number of avenues through which I can pursue my dissertation. I
believe that with this MSc I will be better equipped to influence, inspire,
educate and negotiate more effectively in order to address the need to
transition to sustainable energy systems' (Cameron Jones, Canada)

Best wishes,

Florian

---

Dr Florian Kern

Lecturer at SPRU-Science and Technology Policy Research

Co-Director of the Sussex Energy
Group<http://www.sussex.ac.uk/sussexenergygroup/>

SPRU Convenor of the MSc in Climate Change and
Policy<http://www.sussex.ac.uk/study/pg/2013/taught/3931/27504>and

Co-Convenor of the SPRU MSc in Energy Policy for
Sustainability<http://www.sussex.ac.uk/study/pg/2013/taught/3931/27361#tabs-2>

University of Sussex, Brighton, BN19SL

Tel: +44 (0)1273 87 2831

Mail: f.kern@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Profile: www.sussex.ac.uk/spru/fkern

Follow Sussex Energy Group on Twitter: @SussexNRGGroup

*Subscribe to all other IISD Reporting Services' free newsletters and lists
for environment and sustainable development policy professionals at
http://www.iisd.ca/email/subscribe.htm
<http://www.iisd.ca/email/subscribe.htm>*