[meego-fi] Marketing team and Social media updates

  • From: Jarkko Moilanen <jarkko.moilanen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: meego-network-fi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2011 19:52:02 +0200

Hi,
In the last meeting Marketing Team was named to be responsible for:

"AGREED: Marketing team is responsible for: Marketing material such as
posters and leaflets, Media policy, Website content policy, Social media
accounts, press releases and other press related issues."
[
http://trac.tspre.org/meetbot/meego-meeting/2011/meego-meeting.2011-02-20-15.58.html
]

Now, this affects at least one current tendency and practice. So far me and
smoinen have been posting MNFI related messages to social media tubes,
replied to comments and such, created events for community meetings and so
on. As far as I understand, this will now be Marketing teams responsibility.
Correct me if I have understood wrong. I am more than happy for this
transformation, because it leaves me more time to do other things. Marketing
team already has username and passwd to ping.fm service through which
messages can be posted to all social media tubes. This is big
responsibility, since social media is currently the tool to let others know
what we do, that we are active and we have events. Of course Marketing Team
is not alone with all this. Other team leads have also same possibility to
use ping.fm to broadcast team news. Team leads! Support Marketing team if
you can by posting team news to ping.fm. Or if Marketing wants to create
some other practice, that's fine as well. Just let us know. Now, another
question is: do you jnwi have FB account? You'll need it :) I'm sure that
all the hottest news keep on coming to our sites (twitter, fb, linkedIn,
etc) also in the future.

There are probably other issues that this restructuring will affect too, but
others can bring those up.

/Jarkko

--
Community Manager (MNFI, Meego Network Finland)

More info: http://meegonetwork.fi
Discussions: irc.freenode.net#meego-fi
http://meego.ajatukseni.net/