[MEBC-Butterfly] Re: Monarch Day at Steele Creek Park 8/30

  • From: dnldhlt@xxxxxxx
  • To: mebc-butterfly@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2008 21:50:20 -0400

Hey Daniel,
What a beautiful photo of a Five-spotted Hawk Moth (Manduca quinquemaculata), whose larva is the Tomato Hornworm. I especially like the extended proboscis, which is much longer than necessary for the Four-o-clock bloosoms in the background. Makes me wonder what principal plant it may be adapted to pollinate. Again, great shot, thanks for sharing.
Don Holt