[mea] erectile (writing) dysfunction

  • From: "Frazer, Cheri" <Cheri.Frazer@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "MEA (E-mail)" <mea@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2002 10:44:59 -0500

WARNING: shrinking violets and chaste maidens should delete this =
message
immediately! This was posted on the EAC list today and I'm *still* =
laughing.

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
I received the following on a writers' list and thought some here might
appreciate it. WARNING: some may consider this too...earthy...for their
tastes. If lighthearted discussion of functional male anatomy offends =
you,
pass this one by. But if you've ever edited (or written) a sex scene, =
you
should like this.

Marg

> Jim pauses in his latest endeavor and frowns. After
> a moment's contemplation, he saves his work and firmly closes his new =

> fantasy G4 titanium PowerBook. After a meditative sip of his drink,=20
> he addresses those around him. "There are some literary subjects that =

> have become total clich=E9 and attempting to describe an erect penis =
is=20
> one.=20
>=20
> "I am writing a sex scene and my hero is now crossing the room while=20
> fully erect. So, basically, his stiff dick is bobbing like a demented =

> conductors baton as he crosses the room ... however, one cannot=20
> simply write, 'He crossed the room, his stiff dick bobbing like ...'
> and so forth. Well, one could if one was writing that sort of scene=20
> (and one was half plastered), but this one cannot.=20

> "To write anything referring to his 'turgid manhood' is also somewhat =

> tacky. Hell, just the term 'manhood' to describe the penis strikes me =

> as idiotic. A dick is no more one's 'manhood' than a hymen is one's=20
> 'maidenhood.'
> =20
> "'He strutted across the bedroom, his hard manhood pointing the way'=20
> sounds somewhat he owns a badly named seeing-eye dog. 'Sit, Hard=20
> Manhood ... good boy.'=20
>
> "Just describing the state of erection is
> tough. It is a simple matter of erectile flesh and hydraulics, but=20
> damnably difficult to put into terms romantic. 'His penis, reacting=20
> to his viewing her naked flesh, achieved satisfactory erection,=20
> proving good vascular response and socio/psychological adjustment.'=20
> Oh, yeah ... baby, baby.
>=20
>  "Terms like 'throbbing,' 'pulsing' and all other variations of this=20
> nature make it sound as if the silly thing had a blood pressure cuff=20
> wrapped around it. 'His fleshy organ quickly surged into full=20
> alertness, throbbing and pulsing and otherwise scaring the **** out=20
> of him.' When I envision something throbbing, I imagine an action=20
> somewhat akin to a bullfrogs throat sack as it croaks. THROB! =
Frankly,