[maxthon2] Maxthon browser 2.0.3.3958 RC (forum version)

  • From: Moamen Kohail <moamenkohail@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: maxthon2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 17:49:11 -0700 (PDT)

Maxthon Browser 2 newsletter [Newsletter 17 | 22/8/2007]

Maxthon browser 2.0.3.3958 RC (forum version) has been released!

A new release that fixes a lot of bugs reported after the release of the final
version...

Changes from RC4:
New major features:
+ New Security Guardian
Explanation and test page: http://www.maxthon.com/test/trojan/
+ New Screen Capture

More new features / changes:
+ Added Clean Feed History and Search History in Clean Browser History
+ Use Enter key to open the Favorites item wich has the focus
+ Close Resume List tab when all links in Resume List are clicked (The "Auto
Close" option must be checked)
+ Delete Search History in History page
+ Enter in Address Bar will not open new tab if the url hasn't changed
+ Added site range selection in Block Page Content
+ Click on Links will have no effect while in Block Page Content mode
+ Automatically upload modified Favorites when exit
+ Re-organized Right-click menu on Favorites

Bug fixes / improvements:
* Resume List lost when program crash
* Super Drag&Drop can not download file problem on some websites
* Several issues that might cause crash
* Blank images not remove with Ad Hunter
* Issues that prevent set Maxthon as default browser (including issues on
Windows Vista)
* Referer error with Flashget while multi-thread tab is on
* Not show start page when opened by external call
* Improved download method of Favicons
* File Sniffer won't sniff WMA format
* Issues that occur with invalid file format settings
* Issues that affect website filtre range
* "Dont' remind me for 1 week" won't work in Update Notification dialog
* Crash when delete blank website item in Content Filter black list. (40503)
* "Check Links" in Favorites sidebar might cause all links in sidebar disappear
(39870)
* Initialization failure when start Maxthon with invalid URLs (39988)
* Click Cancel in Screen Capture Options might cause capture page fail (13735)
* Clean Profile Data flaw in Login dialog (13837)
* Can not select buttons in Add/Remove Button menu on Single-line Favorites
Bar, and Hot Items' name is aa (13940)
* Press Esc key in Ad Hunter > Edit Filter List dialog causes dialog turns gray
(14049)
* Redirect in current page might cause Address Bar refresh (16748)
* Strange behavior of the Close button of Check Updates dialog (28422)
* Resize Check Updates dialog cause strange lines (30438)
* Maximum Open Tabs number is not correct (18111)
* Favicons display problem in several circumstance (16858)
* Display problem after selecting search engine (28408)
* Delete selected Proxy might cause display error on Proxy status (19516)
* Edit Content Filter Black List & White list will only save displayed one
* Repeat "Capture Current Page" might cause file name error (26873)
* Clean Browser History in Safety Menu can not clean Feed history (26286)
* Issues when operate Favorites bar with keyboard (6401)
* Fixed a bug when overwrite Favorites (39023)
* Super Drag&Drop might cause Open Favorites Items in Background fail when
Activate New Tab is checked (13946)
* Combobox is not resizable in "Lock Toolbar" mode
* Can not use Ctrl+Arraw to change tabs
* Resume List not saved at crash

About the newsletter (again):
I didn't expect that I could send this new update, but I'm not sure If I can
continue sending updates since I'm back to school and I'm not sure If there
would be enough time to send the updates in the time they are announced. :(

Official site: http://www.maxthon.com (new release is not included)
Direct download link: http://maxthon.cachefly.net/mx_2.0.3.3958.exe
Announcement topic: http://forum.maxthon.com/index.php?showtopic=67244
Discussion topic: http://forum.maxthon.com/index.php?showtopic=67244