[mathprog] If you're not interested, don't read.

  • From: Yonatan Ben-Yaakov <yontanbn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mathprog@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 00:20:50 +0200 (IST)

If you're not interested in this project, you don't need to read on just
to make me happy. it's really unnecessary. I can even unsubscribe you if
you want.

Now, to the subject matter.
Me and Noam and Pavel got an idea. Ok, I conceived it, but we developed it
together. Object-oriented proof systems... The main ideas are:

- Object-oriented work: x is an object. An object has properties.
Propositions are relations between properties of objects and other
properties of objects.
- To prove "for all" type propositions, we create a new object with
minimalistic properties (or nonexistent, depends...) and prove what's
needed on that object.
- To prove "exists" type propositions, we look at the object which is the
set in which the existence is seeked, and prove on it.
- We also need actions/functions aside from the
properties/relations/predicates.
- If we want second order, the functions need to be objects too. Maybe
properties should be objects?

Now this isn't enough. Still problems, mainly run-time related, same as
with the previous version of this project... So we use heuristics, and So
the final and most important idea:

- Psychologistic approach: what heuristic do WE use (subconciously and
otherwise) when we try to prove a theorem.

That's it for today, folks.
We'll continue working.
If any of you has anything to contribute (other than a headache), please
do.

- Yonatan.