[malicesprings] Re: Darwin travel and gig info

  • From: Maree Axford <mareeaxford@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "malicesprings@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <malicesprings@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2011 16:31:10 +1030

Sounds fantastic Axle, Awesome, Mulga rocks, will definately be up to do a few
gigs there :)

Maree Axford

Axford Remote Training Services
Ph: 08 8952 7167
Mobile: 040 094 8971
Email: mareeaxford@xxxxxxxxxxx

 Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2011 14:21:09 +0930
From: alex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: malicesprings@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [malicesprings] Darwin travel and gig info

    Hi folks,

      Mulga has agreed to drive us to Darwin in his bus & trailer!!
      He is going to get the league to pay fuel (we estimate $1500) and
      charge us $3000 for bus, hire and him driving. BUT we don't have
      to pay him the $3000 - we'll put on some gigs and do some screen
      printing for him in exchange. Pretty awesome deal.

      Due to licensing issues Montes bar would prefer to have a smaller
      gig than a big gig in October, so Mulga is applying for license to
      do a Sunday arvo acoustic gig in the beer garden Sunday 9th Oct
      rather than big party as planned for 8th. We can still have
      performances and raffles, just more arvo vibey and no cover charge
      on door.

      Then I have agreed that once his license is a-ok we will put on a
      screening of the Darwin bout & put on a party in Nov to cover
      the bus hire and his time.

      So if you are coming to Darwin the details will be;

      - Leave Alice 5am on Friday 28th October, arrive Darwin LATE
      Friday PM

      - Saturday 29th BOUT DAY

      - Sunday 30th leave in afternoon and camp out on the road

      - Monday lunch time back in Alice

      The cost of the bus will be the fuel divided by however many of us
      go divided by 50% (so probably less than $50 each)

      Costs of Darwin will be 50% of fuel pp + $40 for your uniform +
      spending money + helping screen print + helping the league put on
      some gigs at Montes to pay Mulga back for the bus trip!!

      Pretty awesome it's not going to cost the league $7000 as was the
      first quote we got for a bus.

      Hope this all makes sense,

      Cheers all,

      Axle