[macvoiceover] Re: xCode accessibility

  • From: "E.J. Zufelt" <lists@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2009 00:19:49 -0300

Good evening,

Is there a way to design an interface through code using xCode, or is Ibuilder the only option?

Thanks,
Everett

On 29-Mar-09, at 12:13 AM, Travis Siegel wrote:

Xcode has a ways to go before it's 100 percent voiceover accessible.
It's worlds better than it was when voiceover first got added to the os, and I'd like to think this is at least partly due to my raising issues on the various apple mailing lists, but then again, it could just be that they were going to make it work in the first place, who knows. Anyway, most things you can do with Xtools, but although Ibuilder is usable as it is, there's still no way to design an interface from scratch using Ibuilder and voiceover. Once you have one though, changing it is relatively painless (though it's not exactly intuitive). Once you get it installed and working (x11 is not necessary) when you have problems, drop a line, and all of us who use it will offer as much help as we can.