[macvoiceover] working with the mac mini

  • From: "Scott Blanks" <captaincynic3@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 15:52:22 -0700

Hi all, thanks to those who provided feedback regarding my earlier inquiry. I
now have the mini in hand, and have a couple questions.
1. Should a USB keyboard and a set of speakers suffice to run the OS? Or will I
need a monitor as well? If so, will any monitor work, or is there a proprietary
connection exclusive to mac?
2. As mentioned earlier, the mac is running Tiger 10.4. I will not be able to
get the system up-to-date for a couple days, so I will begin working with what
I've got at the moment. I hesitate though because of my concern about the
differences between Tiger's voiceover, and that available on leopard. Are the
majority of the commands the same, especially as it relates to navigation, and
text reading?

Thanks again everyone for being patient with this very green mac user,
Scott