[macvoiceover] Re: using different voices for different things on the mac?

  • From: Travis Siegel <tsiegel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2011 00:02:06 -0500

On Mar 24, 2011, at 11:24 PM, Justin Mann wrote:

Hi all,
I've just installed the infovox voices as a demo I'd like to use those for reading. However, I'd like to use Alex for various system announcements. Is this possible?
Yep, it sure is.
In your voiceover utility , if you click on voices, you can adjust all sorts of things, including which voice is used for announcements, which one is the primary voice, and so forth. You can also set pitch, volume, and speed on each voice, as well as select which voice does the talking. This helps, especially if you're doing a lot of reading, because if you're using different voices, then you don't get interrupted, your primary voice keeps right on reading while the other one pops up and speaks the info in the announcement message box.
Hth.