[macvoiceover] Re: two peculiarities with mail

  • From: "Marty Rimpau" <mrimpau@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 11:08:07 -0700

Hi David, I did check the box that says send windows friendly
attachments.
On Mon, 23 Mar 2009 13:19:45 -0400, David Poehlman wrote:

Marty,

You have to check the box that says "send windows friendly
attachments".

even though you check the delete from server checkbox, unless you
manipulate the when combo box your messages remain for a week if I
remember rightly.

On Mar 23, 2009, at 12:42 PM, Marty Rimpau wrote:

Hi all, this doesn't happen every time I send attachments to myself, as
I only know how to burn to cd's on this older machine, but especially,
when I send two attachments in the same message, what happens, and I
don't know why this is, is, the file name gets stripped, and in its'
place, is the name, unnamed attachment.att
and though the properties of the file are still intact, I have to
rename the file back to what it was named, with the extension, when it
got sent from the mac, so first of all, I wonder why this happens, is
it my mail program, or the provider I'm sending to, which is comcast,
or what?  The second question is in a way, a blessing, but I am curious
about it, and that is, that the check box to remove messages from the
server is checked, yet, when I get mail with this older machine, the
messages are still downloaded, so why is this, and is this an oddity
between a mac machine, and the more popular operating system of the
day?  Thanks in advance.

Marty

> macvoiceover-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Marty