[macvoiceover] Re: sound stuff

  • From: "Ron J." <Ganahee@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2007 19:55:01 -0500

Heads up, everyone interested in Audio Hijack!

Recently, I wrote to Rogue Amoeba Software, regarding the accessibility of Audio Hijack. What I wrote about was two things:

1. The "Sessions Table" wasn't accessible. When you interracted with it, and arrowed down through what was there, all you'd hear was "Null". 2. The "Timer" pane has incrementers, for the hours, minutes, etc, which are accessible, but you have *no* feedback, as to what you're setting them to, where they are, to start with, etc.

They, to a limited point, were able to fix the problem with the Sessions Table. The Timer incrementers, on the other hand, were a much harder job.

Rather than attempt to fix this problem, (they cited being a small company, having limited manpower/resources, and Apple's tendency towards "Grand Architectures", and the complexity that introduces into making apps accessible for folks with special needs), they offered me an alternative - use Audio Hijack Pro, instead, as it's lots more VO-friendly, than its amateur counterpart.

I've been using Ah Pro, for about a month, now, and it is quite accessible! The only real issues I've noticed with it, are that: 1. VO doesn't know what state the buttons are in ((i.e. Hijack, Record, Mute, Pause, Split, and the buttons for the days of the week, in a timer), 2. The Scroll Area, under the "Effects Tab", isn't accessible, at all. 3. I'm not sure if there's a way to add stuff to the "Recording Bin", or not? Otherwise the program is fully useable!

AH Pro is just $32, and if you already own the regular AH, you can upgrade for $16. For the price, I'd certainly recommend going with AH Pro! I think you'll have a much more rewarding, & enjoyable, accessibility experience!

HTH?

Ron

On Apr 4, 2007, at 1:27 AM, hank smith wrote:

its made buy the same folks who make fish
the url is:
the audio hijack non pro version is:
www.rogueamoeba.com/audiohijack/
the pro version is found at: