[macvoiceover] Re: something puzzling regarding mail

  • From: David Poehlman <david.poehlman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 14:38:52 -0400

The status of the account depends on a couple of things. if a connection attempt has been made and failed, the account will go off line. restarting mail or poling for messages will often change the status. when you create an account, there is a check box to check if you want the account to go online which is checked by default. If however in the process of creating the account, an error occurs and the process is continued overriding the error condition, the account will not go online because it has been determined that there is an issue with the credentials of the account even if this is the mail server's fault.

Apple mail is less tollerant of aborant servers than microsoft mail is.

On Sep 23, 2009, at 2:31 PM, Marty Rimpau wrote:

Hi all, something I don't understand, and that is, under the mailboxes menu, there are two options, one says take all accounts on line, and take all accounts off line, but the take all accounts off line was dimned, so I pressed enter on take all accounts on line, so does this mean that every time you create an account, that you have to tell it to go on line or what? I thought my account was on line, because I could receive mail, but I guess not, so any assistance would greatly be appreciated, because it would seem to me that if your account was off line, you wouldn't be able to send or receive mail. Thanks in advance.