[macvoiceover] Re: quick time player experts needed, I'm in trouble

  • From: Jacob Schmude <j.schmude@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2009 02:46:20 -0400

Hi
Did you install the instant hijack plugin? It sounds to me like AHP is closing and relaunching quicktime player in order to hijack it, which will happen unless you install the rquired plugin. Alternatively, launch AHP first and tell it to hijack QT player, so it is launched by AHP. Then open the file you wish to record. I'd recommend the instant hijack plugin, however.

On Mar 14, 2009, at 02:03, Marty Rimpau wrote:

Hi all, I'm having a problem with quick time, and that is this, after
flip for mac has imported a .wmv file, and the quick time player window
shows up, when I launch audio highjack, and start highjacking, and go
back to the quick time window, there is a different window, that is the
same window that launches when you launch quick time player, when you
aren't playing a file, and this window does not have the usual controls
in the window like grow, play, go to beginning, etcetera, instead, it
has a zoom button which is dimmed, a minimize button, and a close
button, but if I close the window with command w, both quick time
windows close, and I don't know how to open the main window back up
again, plus, you can't press space to play a file, when this apple
quick time window is visible, and I have noticed, that, when quick time
finally launches, after the .wmv file is finished importing, I hear
voice over say, quick time player has a new window, but I can't find it
with command grave accent, so, how do I get this little quick time
apple window not to open up, so I can work with the controls in the
main window that are blocked when this window is visible, plus, when
this window is visible, I can't go to the main window of quick time
player. I can tell quick time to play movies automatically, in general
preferences, but the problem is, when I do that, and quick time player
launches, that window then becomes visible, that says apple quick time, and if I command grave accent to it, the file in question stops, so how
does one stop the apple quick time window from coming up, when quick
time player should be a part of the operating system, and I shouldn't
be nagged to purchase quick time pro?  These are .wmv files I have
burned to cd, and I don't know of any other way to deal with these
files, and I had promised somebody I'd send them the mp3's of these
.wmv files, so if there are any quick time experts out there, please
help, and thanks very much in advance.

Marty

The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair.
        --Douglas Adams