[macvoiceover] Re: questions regarding the new audio highjack pro

  • From: Travis Siegel <tsiegel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 10:53:50 -0600

There is an option in audio hijack that will automatically start a new recording any time there's a silence gap. The silence can be set to be any gap of longer than a particular time (2 seconds is the default) or some level of sound if working on digital files. This works great for copying things from streaming stations that leave gaps between their songs like a lot of the xm radio stations do. Of course, it doesn't help if djs talk over the gaps, but those sections at least make it a bit easier, because there's less to separate. You can also have it split to a new recording based on file size if so desired.

I haven't (yet) upgraded to the latest audio hijack pro, so not sure where these options are now in the interface, but if you hunt around, you should be able to find them.
If you can't, let me know and I'll see what I can do.