[macvoiceover] question regarding running multiple programs

  • From: "Marty Rimpau" <mrimpau@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "mac voice over list" <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 19:41:49 -0800

Hi all, twice now, I had selected a station to listen to from my radio
short cuts folder, and decided to run skype, and kept it open, and when
I closed the stream, I found myself in the applications folder, so how
does the applications folder get open when it wasn't opened to begin
with, and might this indicate that resources might be used up on the
mac?  I have 2 gb of ram in this mac mini, but it seems to me, that
when reading the amount of ram in this machine, it said something about
ddr and sd ram, and I had heard those two kinds of ram conflict with
each other, though I don't know why this might cause the applications
folder to open when using both skype and vlc, and thanks in advance
very much for any information regarding this.

Marty