[macvoiceover] preliminary questions before my Mac arrives.

  • From: ShamelessFanGirl <shamelessfangirl@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvisionaries@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2011 09:20:34 -0400

Hello all,

Since it appears my Mac will be arriving next Monday, here are some last
minute/general information questions for you. It will also give me a bit more
time to cram/read manuals, etc. :) So without further ado, here we go:

1. Are there any special considerations I'll need to keep in mind/know when
setting up a Mac for the first time? I'm referring largely to potential
profiles/rights management, etc. Or, anything else which might apply here.

2. controlling VO via the track pad commander, versus keyboard input. Which do
you personally use, and are there commands available to the keyboard which
haven't yet been ported to the track pad method?

3. Repositories of accessible apps. Does such a thing exist for VO users as
Apple Vis does for the IOS side of things?

4. Are there any other pieces of advice/suggestions y'all might have for this
blatant new-be?

As always, thanks for any/all consideration; as always, your input is
invaluable, and immensely appreciated.

Twitter: @IndigoCellist

Skype: shameless_FanGirl

Sent from my iPhone>