[macvoiceover] Re: permssions and ownership on a directory

  • From: David Poehlman <david.poehlman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2009 06:21:15 -0500

use getinfo on the folder on your mac command-i and you will find what you need there.

On Nov 5, 2009, at 9:38 PM, william wrote:

Hello all,
I become a litle bit frustrated:
I have a directory on my mac with files in the directorystructure.
I would like to modify this files with a windows program so, I edit the directorystructure from my external windows pc. I have a share with samba and all the persons have read and write possibilitys.

When I see the properties on my windows-pc of the directory-structure on my mac, the read-only box is parsially checked.
So, I can not modify all my files.

The problem is the same when I first copy the directory-structure to my windows-pc.

So, how can I adjust the ownership, read-write options and other permission related things of a directory-structure in mac?

I still work with 10.5 leopard
thanx in advance,
best regards,
William Windels