[macvoiceover] Re: my Mac book pro as part of my home network

  • From: David Poehlman <david.poehlman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 11:08:20 -0400

Larry;

To ensure two way communication for your mac on the network, do the following:

1> open system preferences.
2> open sharing.
3> tab to services and down arrow to file sharing.
4> tab to the options button and press the space bar.
5> tab to the accounts that have access. you might want to use vo keys for this and check the checkbox by your account and supply your password at the prompt.

This provides basic access to your system. if you want, you can change the level of access for different types and specific folders and groups of folders but that is a bit more difficult to explain in email.

I can surf the net via my wireless router. But what I mean is am I able to see my Mac from other computers and other computers from my Mack? Thanks