[macvoiceover] mouse pointer gets stuck on multiple links in mail messages

  • From: "Marty Rimpau" <mrimpau@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "mac voice over list" <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 07 Feb 2009 19:15:35 -0800

Hi all, I had tried asking this question before, and got no response,
so I'll try one last time to ask it.  I get subscription updates from
youtube, and if I interact with the message, and then vo down arrow to
a link, and press vo space bar to activate it, either, after closing
safari, after that first link, or possibly, the second or third link
down in the message, the mouse pointer gets stuck on the previous link
I was at, no matter which link I vo down arrow to, and I have to close
mail, and open it again, but then, the links behave the way they do in
safari, and everything works as it should, so, how do I stop the mouse
pointer from getting stuck on a randum link in a mail message, where
there are multiple links?  Also, when the links start behaving the way
they do in safari, I can only vo down arrow so far, and then I have to
vo right arrow to get to the rest of the links in a given message, and
is there a way to stop this, or can you vo right arrow to the next link
from the first link in the message?  Even vo command f5 will not move
the mouse pointer to the current location of the voice over cursor when
the mouse pointer gets stuck, and I had written somebody else about
this, and they said that this has never happened to them, so this
worries me, because I have 2 gb of ram in my mac mini, with the entell
processor, and I don't know why this is happening.  Thanks, and if I
don't get some sort of a response, I'll just accept this bug, but even
the accessibility people at apple have not responded.

Marty