[macvoiceover] mail under Yosemite

  • From: "Mary Otten" <maryotten@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2014 17:51:39 -0700

Hi all,

The major thing that has kept me from upgrading to Yosemite is the
mail. I've been using classic mail. I started with Mac under
SnowLeopard and got use to mail there. I really appreciate being able
to quickly arrow down in the message table and hear the subject without
what is to me unnecessary verbosy of whether the message has been read
etc. I understand there are changes in YHosemiti. I'm willing to try
the standard view, but I want to be efficient in going through mail,
which means I don't want to hear who is the sender prior to the
subject, and I don't want to hear if it has been read or not. I know
that already. I also understand that in classic view, each message
starts out by saying it is part of a conversation, whether that is true
or not.

So. Bottom line question: for those on Yosemite who get lots of mail,
as in 2-3 hundred messages a day, many of which you don't want to read,
is there an efficient way to get through that with a minimum of wasted
words, arrowing, tabbing, interacting etc? Or should I stay on
Mavericks?

Mary