[macvoiceover] Re: mail merge in the new pages?

  • From: Ian Edwards <ianedwards42@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Mac Voiceover list Mac Voiceover List <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2014 21:23:59 -0600

Looking through a list of word processors that report mail merging capabilities
Apple Works, was there anything it didn’t do? I keep reading how it had every
feature you could want and they made it go away. Never used it myself.
Libre Office
Mariner Write
MS Word of course.
Neo Write
Open Office Writer
Pages
Star Office Writer
Text Edit, what kind of process does it use? May be a work around if you can
use Text Edit to cuck the contact information off your spreadsheet and then
bring it to Pages for formatting and prettying up.
Word Perfect, excuse me while I put a cassette  in my Sports Walkman and hang
out in the 90s for a bit.

Any of those offer any accessibility?

Doing a little googling around, the only other word processor I found on
Voiceover lists and having mail merge capabilities was Nisus Writer. It was the
Pro version that had mail merge, which sports an $80 price tag. There is a 15
day free trial, I can give it a test drive this coming week if nobody else has
experience with it. I’ll also give the Pages script automator a try too just to
see if it is bad as it seems from the description.

Ian