[macvoiceover] Re: instant messaging client on leopard

  • From: "John W. Hess" <johnythehess@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2007 09:33:46 -0500

ron, maybe you can tell me how you read messages. all of your instructions worked well but I don't seem to see the message text. does the sender text aprear in the same window as the received text? do you use arrows or vo curser?

On Nov 9, 2007, at 9:33 PM, Ronald Johnson wrote:

John,

I'm still using Adium, and I'm managing just fine. Don't mess around with Fire, as it's no longer in development. In fact, some of the developers of Fire are now on the Adium team.

My workaround for the current inaccessibility of Adium, is to select a contact with VO, then, do Command-Shift-I to get info on that contact. I do this till I find the contact I'm looking for, then do a double-click with VO to open a message window for that contact. The rest works fine. The same technique works for finding out what group you're in, as well.

As to setting events, each item in the list does have a "help tag", so you can figure out which event you want to edit.

Yes, this is a pain, but until the Adium folks finally get around to merging the accessibility code back into the program, in a future version, this is the best we have.

I agree with you, the procedure for accessing MSN contacts in iChat is a bit much , and it's much better to use a client which does MSN natively.

HTH?

Ron

Tim, thanks I do remember this but would rather look for a client that does this nativly. Thanks for the help and where to look for the jabra info.