[macvoiceover] indexing spotlight on removable devices

  • From: William Windels <william.windels@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2010 12:52:47 +0100

Hi all,
is there a way to setup that no temporarly files are saved on my removable
devices?

In think on the folders: .timporary items, .spotlight V100, .trashes, and so on.
Also , I see a lot of .filename.* files on my devices. They have the same name
as the original files but just with dot (.) before the name.

I don't want to have it at all.

If this files are about indexing for spotlight, can you setup that the system
should save this elswhere or is the only option to exclude this devices from
the spotlight indexing-service?

Thanx in advance,
William Windels>