[macvoiceover] Re: how to use Skype

  • From: Cara Quinn <Cara-Quinn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 02:09:25 -0700

Thankie muchly! Forgot this command! I just never think about using such things on menu items anyway. lol!

Smiles,

Cara  :)

On May 18, 2008, at 9:28 PM, vashaun jones wrote:

VO W twice once you're on the menu item you want. VO will read it as is the first time, spell it the next and spell it phonetically the third. HTH
On May 18, 2008, at 10:39 PM, Cara Quinn wrote:

MaryLee, out of curiosity, how did you verify that that menu option had a capital H? I can't seem to interact with any menu options at all in any app to check their capitalization etc.

Thanks so much!…

Smiles,

Cara  :)

On May 18, 2008, at 4:14 PM, MaryLee Perkins wrote:

Dear William,
You must interact with the contact list. When you find the contact you want to call, press return (enter) and the call should start. To stop the call you must go to the menu item called Call, and the first item in the menu is Hang Up. To make the hang up easier, I created a keyboard short cut to hang up. This is done in the System Preferences under keyboard and mouse preferences. Once there you will add a new shortcut, There will be a list called all applications, you will choose Skype. The menu title will be Hang Up, this needs an upper case H and U, you then choose what keys you want to press to invoke the Hang Up command. Open Skype and you should find your new shortcut in the Call menu list. Skype is a great program. Hope this helps.
MLP

William Windels wrote:

I have a question about skype version 2.7.0.257
It seems to be impossible to have a voicechat with this program because I can't reach the contactlist with the voiceover keys or the standard mac
keys.

But I can see parts of the contact-list with vo+i command.
If this command is helpfull, how can I start a voice-call?
If I can't use the list with vo+i , on which way can I start a voice-call with skype?

best regards,
William

---
View my Online Portfolio at: