[macvoiceover] Re: growl questions

  • From: Cara Quinn <Cara-Quinn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 7 Jun 2008 12:45:54 -0700

Hi Mike, yes, Growl is usable with VO, and it's a general purpose notification utility. In other words, it can notify you of events that are happening on your system, or in apps that are running, either in foreground or background.

I'm currently working with it regarding Skype, to let me know when people sign in and out, however, I'm finding a weird issue, where it will announce that a log in or log out has happened, but won't announce the user's name. I believe that this is actually a Leopard issue though, rather than an issue with Growl itself.

I was actually planning on writing on this for Lioncourt soon, but as I haven't yet worked out the bugs, I was keeping it quiet. <smile>

If anyone would like details on how to get it to speak, I'm happy to write more, but as I said, it's not perfect yet. <smile>

Have an awesome day and watch the horsies! lol! It's the last race of the Triple Crown today! woohoo!…

Smiles,

Cara  :)

On Jun 7, 2008, at 2:59 AM, Babcock, Michael Alex wrote:

hey all;
i'm curious on how one uses growl and what it is used for. Is this usable with vo?
thanks for all your help
Mike

---
View my Online Portfolio at: