[macvoiceover] getting tired of Apple Mail getting sluggish and want ideas how to stop it!

  • From: Ray Foret Jr <rforetjr@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Mac Voice Over List <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 21:56:47 -0500

Hi,

On may 7th, I deleted my Ray/Library/Preferences/Com.Apple.mail file and had to
rebuild my mail account because Mail keeps getting sluggish on me about every
ten days or so.  In fact, sometimes, it gets so bad that it makes me wait about
three to five minutes before I can do anything with it at all.  I'm getting
tired of this and sure wish I had some notion of how to either prevent it or
quickly restore it to a more snappy response.  If I knew how to do a Time
Machine back up  I would try that, but, I went to the disk utility ap and
couldn't quite work out how to do a time Machine back up.  Is it done from the
Disk Utility or Time Machine itself?  Time Machine itself doesn't appear that
accessible.  Thanks.

Sincerely,
The Constantly Barefooted Ray!!!!!

Now a proud Mac user!!!!!