[macvoiceover] Re: getting stuck in minues

  • From: David Poehlman <david.poehlman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2009 07:17:23 -0400

you can set the behaviour of the function keys in keyboard in system preferences. if you set it to use all as standard function keys, you don't have to use the fn key for software actions like opening the vo utility with vo-f8.

On Sep 6, 2009, at 7:47 PM, Mary Anne Lynskey wrote:

Hello Hank. I can't help wiht your porblem getting stuck in menus because I've had trouble gettting stuck in submenus and haven't figured it out.

As for the keyboard, I am using a macbook and discovered that since SL I have to use the FN key to get the function keys to work. The f1 through f12 keys control things like the volume and brightness of the display and eject the CD. But if you press FN f1, then you have your comparable F1 key on regular keyboard. If you press FN and the vo keys with f8, it should work OK and you'll be in the vo utility..

Mary Anne

----- Original Message ----- From: "hank smith" <hanksmith5@xxxxxxxxx>