[macvoiceover] evaluating your posts to the vo list:

  • From: David Poehlman <david.poehlman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 12:16:22 -0500

Hi all;

Some folk seem to be a bit confused about what we are about here so I'll try to
give you a rule of thumb that can guide you.

Many of us are experts at things that are not related to or ar tangentially
related to oiceover and there is a whole world out there that has little or
nothing to do with voiceover, but, this list is about voiceover and the mac and
what works and does not work with it and so on and how it works and how to do
things vo related.

Now, my rule of thumb.  if your thought on a post has nothing to do with vo,
don't post it, instead, find an expert or another list to send it to.  Your mac
not working properly with an app that is not doing what it is supposed to do
unless it is vo related is not a candidtae for topical discussion posting.  The
cost of the mac, which mac to buy, which is better, busy signals unless they
relate to vo and many other topics are simply not for the list.

Believe me when I say, I don't post a whole lot more than I do if that makes
any sense.

I hope that clears up at least some of the confusion.

Now, back to drowning myself in tooth pane.