[macvoiceover] Re: combo update:

  • From: Keith Reedy <WA9DRO@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2008 21:02:42 -0400

ok are there instructions on how to run it?

Keith Reedy

On Sep 28, 2008, at 8:50 PM, David Poehlman wrote:

it's under updates in apple downloads. There are two for 14.5.5, make sure you get the one that has combo in the file name/description.

On Sep 28, 2008, at 8:43 PM, Keith Reedy wrote:

I seem to have 2 of those.  How do I find and run this updater?

Keith Reedy

On Sep 28, 2008, at 8:40 PM, David Poehlman wrote:

Hi keith, some of us on the Macvisionaries list had a file that could not be repaired. It was suid or something like that.

On Sep 28, 2008, at 8:36 PM, Keith Reedy wrote:

David,

What permissions issues did you have?

Keith Reedy

On Sep 28, 2008, at 4:15 PM, David Poehlman wrote:

Hi all,

I've had some stability/focus issues especially since updating to the 5.5 leopard. I ran the combo update which was suggested to fix a permissions repair issue and not only did it fix that issue, I now no longer have focus issues, braille focus issues or double voice issues, all of which I had before the update. I don't know if this will help with some of the other stuttering issues some have seen from time to time, but it might be worth a try.