[macvoiceover] Re: coding a webpage in text edit using voiceover

  • From: John Hess <johnythehess@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2008 23:06:26 -0400

jane is this a free app? I would like to use text edit simply to show that this can be done with what comes with Leopard but I'll have a look at this program as well. Thanks.

On Sep 13, 2008, at 6:40 PM, Jane Jordan (Gmail) wrote:

You should grab subethaEdit. You can code to your heart's content *and* view it in another window like it would appear in Safari. It's just plain text, and it'll show you exac tly how it'll look in safari without you having to open up another app. It was great for me during my HTMNL Basics lessons in college--I was able to code the work, lok at it in the other window, and when I felt it was ready, run it through the validator before uploading the file for the instructor.
Jane

On Sep 13, 2008, at 12:11 PM, John Hess wrote:

For all of those who code by hand has anyone coded a webpage using text edit? I am going to take an HTML class and when I tried this although I followed the instructors instructions to the letter the page did not show up correctly in safari. I just saw the code. I saved it as a .htm file. When viewing the code on a PC it looked like it had blank lines between the statements. When the blank lines were deleted the page did show correctly. This didn't show up in text edit. What am I doing wrong here? The class is given at the agency where I am an instructor and I want to do this on the mac rather then use a PC work station. If this is inappropriate for the list please reply to me privately. Thanks.
John W. Hess & Barclay the WonderLab

John W. Hess & Barclay the WonderLab