[macvoiceover] braille on osx and dots 7 and 8

  • From: William Windels <william.windels@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2012 15:06:09 +0100

        Hello,
About braille and osx, I find it frustrating that voiceover is underlining the
braille with dot's 7 and 8 in so many cases.
e.g. in menu-items, in read-only text and perhaps in other places.

I don't know how it exactly works but, when it's underlined without specific
reason:
- capital letters can't be showed on the braille display,
- marked text can't be shown as marked text since dots 7 and 8 are always
present.
- Like in windows, with screenreader, you can define which lay-out should be
underlined, e.g. bold, italic, … text.
- you can't see the place of the cursor on the braille display…

I know, you can check out dots 7 and 8 on the braille panel in voiceover
utility but when you do this, you will not have any off the advantages as
described above.

So, my questions to you all:
are there any ways to have the advantages like described above?
If others have also the same frustrations as me, what can we do to push apple
on a efficient way?
If you want to post to accessibility about this , use the followup number
234596995

Kind regards ,
William Windels>