[macvoiceover] Re: arranging icons by size

  • From: Marshall Scott <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2009 08:45:34 -0600

Hi,
To view a list of items by size, try the following:
1.From the Finder, open the view menu and select "Show View Options".
2. Make sure the view by size checkbox is checked.
3. Check the "Calculate All Sizes" checkbox. This may degrade performance due to the time it takes to make the calculation.
4. Close the "Show View Options" window.
5. From the View menu, select the "As List" option.
6. From the View menu, Select the "Size" item from the "Arrange By" submenu.

HTMS

Marshall

On Oct 6, 2009, at 7:33 AM, Tasha Raella Chemel wrote:

hi, I want to figure out what files in my documents folder are so big so that I can delete them. the problem is that I can't figure out how to arrange my folders by size. when I open the documents folder, and I am in list view, the option for arranging icons by size is unavailable. It only works when I switch to icon view, but that is not really useful because often, finder stops responding, and I find myself having trouble figuring out the layout of the folder. any help with this would be greatly appreciated.
thanks,
tasha