[macvoiceover] Re: You know, I really like Apples Voiceover!

  • From: Laura <laura.mcg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 10:27:43 +0100

I like the small changes in iTunes--like making CD selections accessible now
when you're given more than one option. I think the Safari reader is awesome,
especially for reading longer articles that would normally go over 3 or 4 pages.

I haven't gotten my hands on Ios 4 yet (new iPhone tomorrow! So excited!), but
even so, I am thrilled with the huge accessibility changes they've made. I'm
really looking forward to being able to use the touch-typing feature, and from
reading posts over the last few days, the braille display support seems
wonderful. I'm seriously considering getting a display now, and that's never
something I've ever given more than just a passing thought to before. Even more
than any of that, I just love that these changes are in there. I know I was
definitely a little concerned by the last few updates for the Mac OS, but
making these kinds of accessibility improvements says a lot about Apple's
commitment, I think.

Oh, and not exactly related to VO's usability, but I really like that the page
with the WWDC keynote had a link for VO users who might just want the MP3. It's
not a big deal, but it was a nice little detail.