[macvoiceover] Re: Why I don't need a money reader

  • From: Jude DaShiell <jdashiel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2012 09:07:37 -0500 (EST)

I use a folding system that accommodates everything from a 2 dollar bill
up to a hundred dollar bill.  I don't fold 1 dollar bills and will
happily take gold dollars as well.  Other sighted people really like to
get them too.  Yesterday I paid for a breakfast and I eat a good
breakfast at Bob Evans with a roll of gold dollars and 3 dollar bills.
The waitress said she was going to trade out paper money with the
restaurant in exchange for some of those gold dollars too.  I get those
at the credit union when I go into the branch office.  I also get a roll
of quarters since Navy vending machines are slot machines which are
inaccessible and if you key in a selection that's empty you loose your
dollar bills but can get coins back.  I just use the quarters in those
machines or put dollar bills into pepsi machines and hit the coin return
to get quarters.  I fold my paper money as soon as I get it and separate
all of the bills before I put them in my wallet.  I carry all change in
a leather purse that has purse strings on it and don't carry change in
my wallet.  I've lived for so long with money identifiers being priced
at highway robbery levels that now that the prices have come down on
them I have one on the IPhone mostly as a curiosity to help me learn how
to use the camera for other more important scanning.

jude <jdashiel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Adobe fiend for failing to Flash