[macvoiceover] Web design for the blind and the sighted

  • From: Greg Kearney <gkearney@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: General discussions on all topics relating to the use of Mac OS X by the blind <discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, macvoiceover <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 21:03:32 -0700

I have continued my musings on web design for the blind and the sighted with some additional samples The following can be found at http://cucat.org/projects/design.php

Topics include:

Showing Page Navigation as Needed, show the navigation of a page only when it is required.

Two Column Layout, without using, or should I say misusing tables.

Accessible Citizenship Sample Test, turns out the sample Australian citizenship test on the governments website is not accessible. I show how it could be made so.

The central idea in all of this is that good visual design and good accessibility should go hand in hand. One need not give up one to have the other.

Greg Kearney
535 S. Jackson St.
Casper, Wyoming 82601
307-224-4022