[macvoiceover] Victor reader stream and istream

  • From: "Cheryl Homiak" <chomiak7737@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2008 20:51:19 -0600

Hi all.
yesterday my Victor Reader stream came; it's absolutely wonderful!!! I've been
able to use it successfully with both the Macs and my windows machines.  i'm
using 2gb and 4gb sd cards and have so far transferred daisy books and
test.html. While text/html isn't as navigable as daisy, you could surely get a
huge number of books on an sd card, and I can't believe how tiny these cards
are. I hesitated to buy this item, but now I'm absolutely thrilled with it!!!
No, I'm not selling them, so this isn't an advertisement, just an overflow of
enthusiasm!!!

However, I am having some problems with iStream, which I suspect indicates that
I'm missing a step somewhere. Even though my card reader (I'm pluging in a card
reader rather than the Stream) is recognized as "No Name", and although I can
successfully copy and paste to and from it in finder, all file menu items are
dimmed out in istream. I would expect the iTunes item to be dimmed unless I
choose an iTunes track but the other ones should not be dimmed if I understand
correctly. If I choose "create directories" in the window, it seems to be busy
for a while but nothing happens and i'm not asked where I want to create
directories. Backup allows me to choose the top directory of the stream (i.e.
the sd card in the card reader in this case) but I couldn't then tell whether
anything happened.

All of this is really no big issue since I can do everything with finder but
I'm assuming that if I use iStream correctly, some opperations will be easier,
so any help on what i'm doing wrong would be appreciated.

tia.

Cheryl

"Where your treasure is,
there will your heart be also."