[macvoiceover] Urgent help needed plugging cord into new macbook pro!!!

  • From: Cheryl Homiak <cahomiak@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 14:43:13 -0500

I got a new macbook pro, 15in because my mini is apparently dying. I can't figure out the cords that come with the macbook pro. There are two cords: one with a three-prong plug one one end and a piece on the other end that I assume plugs into the computer; the other cord with a fold-out two-prong piece that can slide out that is on a big kind of flat block and the flat block also has pieces at the end that come up and/or collapse. I understand that if you take the two-prong piece out the two cords will fit together; is that optional and can you just use the one cord with the three-prong plug by itself? My big problem is that when I plug the cord into the computer it doesn't seem to go in tight though it seems like it should fit. I did find a little piece that slides off of the end of the cord that you insert into the computer, but even if I take this off, it doesn't seem to click in tight. I don't want to break this before ai even use it? Can somebody please help?