[macvoiceover] Re: Time Zone

  • From: Kristyn Leigh <kristyn0@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2011 15:53:51 -0400

I am in the US and have not experienced that problem.  You could try checking
the box to set the time zone automatically based on current location.  To do
that, go to system preferences.  Select date and time.  Then choose the time
zone tab.  The check box is near the top of that page.

Kristyn
On Mar 24, 2011, at 10:48 PM, Dean Wilcox wrote:

> Hi,
> I have my Mac set to the right time but I have done this manually.  I am
> unable to set a UK city as the local place but this didn't seem a problem.  I
> have the time server set to europe.apple.com but only US cities are present.
> The problem is that when I synch various items the time is adjusted, such as
> my iPod Touch and my Kapten Plus, both of which go back 7 or 8 hours.  The
> problem also comes into play with mail, does anyone have any ideas how to put
> this right?  I've only had this Mac over a year, oh well!>

Kristyn Leigh
Sent from my mini Mac
kristyn0@xxxxxxxxx