[macvoiceover] Re: Speech muted

  • From: Ignasi Cambra <ignasicambra@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2010 07:46:40 -0500

Come to think about it, maybe vo simply crashed, which has happened to me a
couple of times since I bought this mac. Try to reboot your computer and toggle
vo on and off, see if you get better results. To shut the mac down, just
command tab and command q for a while to make sure all apps quit. Then press
control f2 to go to the menu bar, and press the down arrow 11 times (yes, I
counted for you lol) and that should take you to the shut down item. Press
enter on it, then tab once, and enter again. Hopefully this will turn it off...
If it really doesn't work, press the power button for a while and your mac will
just turn itself off. This is not a good thing to do, but in my experience it
doesn't do anything terrible to you if you do it in extreme situations.