[macvoiceover] Re: Running Linux in VMWare Fusion and the caps lock key

  • From: Sean Murphy <smur7241@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2011 12:04:19 +1100

Hi Robin,

what Ricko stated is possibly the work around on the Mac OS side. You could
always investigate how to re-map keys within Gnome/Shell.

The whole issue of being forced to remap keys is a bug with Apple Voice over or
the OS itself. I have spoken to Apple support on this and they pass the problem
back to VMWare. I haven't yet chased this up with VMWare.

But one of these companies have to resolve the issue. When you pass control
into the guess OS. The host OS should not intercept keystrokes. The only
exception to this is when you return control back to the host OS.

VMWare under Windows works exactly like this. But Mac doesn't. So at this point
of time, I believe the issue is a Mac problem and Apple doesn't want to address
it.

Sean