[macvoiceover] Re: Repartitioning hard drive on ppc

  • From: David Poehlman <david.poehlman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 10:06:38 -0400

can you interact with the unknowns?

On Apr 21, 2008, at 9:51 AM, Cheryl Homiak wrote:

Hi all.

I'm considering dual booting linux and Macosx Leopard on my ppc Mac mini. I found instructions for doing this but my problem is with partitioning. When I choose partition in disk utility on the installation cd and then choose the number of partitions I want from the pop-up menu after selecting the hard drive, my formatting and size options are dimmed. There's a scroll area with splitters and unknowns but trying to interact with the scroll area and select an unknown doesn't change anything. Clicking on "options" and making sure one of the radio buttons is selected and clicking ok doesn't change anything either. Apply isn't dimmed but I don't want to click that until I know what I'm doing. Most of the linux partitioning will be done in the linux installation but I have to do the Macosx partition and the shared partition and then indicate the other partitions as free space from the Mac side. What's puzzling about this is that I did partition one of my hard drives on my Intel Mac, though getting the size right was guesswork, so I must be forgetting a step here. Can anybody help me with this? Is there a more accessible way to do this with voiceover? I've also thought seriously about just turning the ppc mini over to debian linux rather than a dual boot but I haven't decided whether to do that or not. The dual boot itself will be taken care of with yaboot when I install linux if I decide to continue with the dual boot idea.

Any tips on repartitioning using voiceover would be appreciated; tia.

--

Cheryl

"Where your treasure is,
there will your heart be also."