[macvoiceover] Ready to get in to my new macbook pro.

  • From: Jason Dasent <overdriverecording@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 May 2011 12:21:40 -0400

Hi every one,
     I have had my macbook pro for about 2 months, but due to my busy
schedule, I have still been doing every thing on my pc. I am now ready
to spend a few days learning voice over. Can some one please help me
with a few beginner questions?
1.  While downloading a file on the internet, how do I check the
progress of the download, and is there a way to have the download
folder close automatically when the download is completed like it does
in internet explorer on the pc?
2.  How do you find out the time and date with voice over?
3.  In the finder, when ever I am navigating in the side bar, I keep
getting thrown out of the side bar, and in to the file list, how do I
stay in the side bar, and jump over to the file list only when I want?
4.  When I open the item chooser, I have to type very fast in order to
search for an item. If not, every time I type a new letter, the list
shows all the items starting with the last letter typed, so I can't
search for a word with out typing very fast.
5.  In the finder when in the side bar, when ever I arrow over the
mobile me item, I get a message saying that your mobile me account is
not set up, do you want to set it up now? How can I stop this from
happening? These are my first few questions, and I'm sure I'll have
many more. Thanks in advance for any help.
Jason