[macvoiceover] Re: Questions about scanners

  • From: "David Poehlman" <david.poehlman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2008 21:23:35 -0500

Hi Carla!

I use readiris with an hp scanjet 8300 but it's huge and expensive.  I got
it because I wanted an hp and was assured it'd work with the Mac.  I haven't
used it since tiger and it was slow because of the special patch that
readiris had to use with it but it worked.  I believe the leopard version of
readiris has improved this but haven't had a chance to try it as I use the
scanner mostly on the windows side <sigh>  I use an IMac so don't know how
well things will work for you on the Macbook.